About Me

My photo
I'm Arthur, a Golden Retriever. I was rescued from the streets of Taiwan through the efforts of Golden Retriever Rescue and many kind volunteers in Taiwan. I understand Mandarin and English but cannot speak either. I have the innate ability to smell anything 'round' and I consider myself a real foodie as I'm willing to try just about anything edible. I was adopted by my human in 2009, my human ROCKS; together, we are on a special mission in rounding me into a stellar 'urban dog'! This blog is dedicated to my journey in urban development and the humans who make it possible.

January 11, 2012

Dog Day Afternoon

There's a magical place called 'Eataly' in the Flatiron district. It's a full city block of big Italian love. Inside, they sell anything Italian: pasta, meats, olive oils, wines, cookbooks, herbs and spices, it goes on and on. After cruising through the joint multiple times, (sometimes just to close our eyes and smell) we finally sat down for some culinary nourishment before hitting Home Depot. Truly, my most satisfying meal since...well since eating in the Italy! Molto bene!
 
 Lasagna: Spinach and Ricotta filled, tossed in a perfect butter and lemon sauce and yes, (tear in my eye) topped with roasted pistachios.

 
QUADRATI RICOTTA E SPINACI
HOUSEMADE PASTA WITH LOCAL RICOTTA, SPINACH,
LEMON BUTTER, AND PISTACHIO with SALUMI MISTI



 Then off to some errands at the coolest looking Home Depot ever and afterwords, grabbing a cab with an extra long wheel base that could accommodate a 108" inch curtain-rod!

One big store no big parking lot!


And Arthur? Well he stayed home and read the NY Times book reviews....
 

Let the human's eat and shlep through NYC, I choose to feed my mind.






















No comments:

Post a Comment